Dislocated Worker

Program Name

WIOA Title IB Dislocated Worker

Agency Name

Kansas WorkforceONE

Program Description

This program provides a comprehensive range of workforce services to advance the basic and occupational skills of eligible adults to increase their employment, job retention and earnings.

List of Services

  • Assessment of skills, aptitudes and abilities
  • Career planning
  • Internships
  • Work experience
  • On-the-job training
  • Customized training
  • Skills upgrading
  • Registered Apprenticeship training
  • Job Search Assistance
  • Resume Preparation
  • Interview Preparation
  • Job Referrals
  • Provision of Labor Market Information
  • Case Management & Career Counseling
  • Individual Employment Plan Development
  • Out of Area Interview Assistance
  • Relocation Assistance
  • Workshops
  • GED or Alternative Diploma
  • Occupational Skills Training Programs
  • Supportive Services during Training
  • Transportation Allowance
  • Childcare Allowance
  • Basic Needs Allowance
  • Follow-up Services


Colby Workforce Center
350 S Range, Suite 5
Colby, Kansas 67701-3666
Phone: 785-462-2024

Dodge City Workforce Center
2308 First Avenue
Dodge City, Kansas 67801-1029
Phone: 620-227-2149

Great Bend Workforce Center
1025 Main Street
Great Bend, Kansas 67530-4429
Phone: 620-793-5445

Salina Workforce Center
2259 S. 9th St., Ste 10
Salina, Kansas 67401-2115
Phone: 785-827-0385

Garden City Workforce Center
107 East Spruce Street
Garden City, Kansas 67846-0994
Phone: 620-276-2339
(For information regarding services in Liberal, please call GC WFC.)

Goodland Workforce Center
204 West 11th Street
Goodland, KS, 67735
Phone – 785-890-2422

Hays Workforce Center
332 East 8th Street
Hays, Kansas 67601-4145
Phone: 785-625-5654

Hutchinson Workforce Center
609 E. 14th Ave.
Hutchinson, Kansas 67504
Phone: 620-663-6131                                            (For information regarding services in Newton, please call Hutch WFC.)

Newton Workforce Center
203 East Broadway
Newton, Kansas 67114
Phone: 316-283-4220

Website Link


Eligibility Requirements

1. Category One - Terminated or Laid Off

  • Has been terminated (without cause) or laid off, or has received a notice of termination (without cause) or layoff from employment; AND
  • Is eligible for, or has exhausted entitlement to, unemployment compensation, OR
  • Has been employed for a duration sufficient to demonstrate attachment to the workforce, but is not eligible for unemployment compensation due to insufficient earnings or having performed services for an employer that was not covered under a State unemployment compensation law; AND
  • Is unlikely to return to a previous industry or occupation.

2. Category Two - Plant Closure or Substantial Layoff

  • Has been terminated or laid off, or has received a notice of termination or layoff, from employment as a result of any permanent closure of, or any substantial layoff, at a plant, facility, or enterprise; OR
  • Is employed at a facility where the employer has made a general announcement that such facility will close within 180 days; OR
  • Is employed at a facility at which the employer has made a general announcement that such facility will close.

3. Category Three – Self-Employed

  • Self-employed (including employment as a farmer, rancher, or fisherman) but is unemployed as a result of a natural disaster, or "general economic conditions" in the community where the individual resides.

4. Category Four – Displaced Homemaker

  • A “displaced homemaker” is an individual who has been providing unpaid services to family members in the home and who has been dependent on the income of another family member but is no longer supported by that income; AND is unemployed or underemployed and is experiencing difficulty obtaining or upgrading employment.
  • The definition of "displaced homemaker" includes only those individuals who were dependent on a family member’s income. Those individuals who have been dependent on public assistance may be served in the adult program. To be considered “dependent on the income of another family member”, at least 50% of the individual’s support must come from a family member. “No longer supported by that income”, means any reason for that loss of income, not just in the case of legal separation, divorce or death.

5. Category Five – Self-Employed

  • Self-employed farmer, rancher or family member who derived 50% or more of their income from farming or ranching and is losing, or has lost, their primary source of income as a result of economic conditions over a period of two years or a natural disaster.

PowerPoint Overview

Download PDF File

Contact Information for Referrals

Deborah Page
Director of Operations
Kansas WorkforceONE
631 E. Crawford, Suite 206
Salina, KS 67401
Fax – 785-493-8018
Email – deborah@kansasworkforceone.org

Scroll to Top
Skip to content