Wagner-Peyser Labor Exchange - KANSASWORKS
Kansas Department of Commerce
KANSASWORKS.com serves as the ultimate resource for job posting and job hunting in the state of Kansas. Whether you're seeking the ideal employment opportunity, the perfect candidate, or valuable industry and workforce information, we've got you covered. The KANSASWORKS workforce system, administered by the Kansas Department of Commerce, seamlessly connects businesses, job seekers, and educational institutions, guaranteeing Kansas employers access to skilled workforce solutions. With strategically placed Workforce Centers across the state, we facilitate the connection between Kansas businesses and local job seekers.
List of Services
JOB SEEKER SERVICES
- Job search assistance, connecting employees with employers – Perform job searches. Build and post an online resume. Employment referrals and job developments
- Career Success and Job Search Workshops –includes developing a resume, planning a job search, preparing for interviews success on the job
- Career Resource Center – access to computers, copiers, fax machines, phones, reference books, videos and other resources
- Job Counseling - Guidance in choosing a career that is right for you
- Assessment/Testing – assess your skills, abilities and interests, including skills enhancement through WorkKey Curriculum for the Kansas WORKReady! Certificate and Kansas TALENT assessment
- Veterans Employment Services – one-on-one assistance for career planning services and advanced job notice for veterans
- Information – referrals to community support, programs for skills upgrading, training and retraining, GED completion, customized training, community resources, Federal Bonding, Work Opportunity Tax Credit and Labor Market Information
- Job Referrals- Employers may search resumes and advertise current workforce needs, at no cost, by listing available positions online both locally and nationally on kansasworks.com. KANSASWORKS can accept and screen applications and refer only those that meet company specifications.
- Interviewing - KANSASWORKS has space available for interviewing prospective employees. Staff are also available to schedule interview appointments.
- Job Fairs - Space is available at the facility for employer job fairs.
- Assessment Services – Staff can provide assessment and testing of job applicants.
- Service to Veterans – Veteran employment representatives are available to assist employers in finding qualified veterans to fill positions.
- Tax Credits and Bonding – Work Opportunity Tax Credits for hiring certain targeted groups and Federal Bonding insuring employer loss due to employee theft
- 1025 Main St.
Great Bend, KS 67530
Phone: (620) 793-5445
- 332 E. 8th Street
Hays, KS 67601
Phone: (785) 625-5654
- 609 E. 14th Ave.
Hutchinson, KS 67501
Phone: (620) 665-3559
- 107 E. Spruce St.
Garden City, KS 67846
Phone: (620) 276-2339
- 236 N. San Jose Dr. Rm 45A
Dodge City, KS 67801
Phone: (620) 227-2149
- 2259 S. 9th St., Ste 10
Salina, KS 67401
Phone: (785) 827-0385