Department for Children and Families Economic and Employment Services
Economic and Employment Services
Department for Children and Families
Successful Families Program – TANF.
List of Services
Childcare and Early Education
USDA Commodity Programs
- Help in getting and keeping jobs
- Work experience
- Services for learning disabilities, drug or alcohol problems, or domestic violence
- Services for help with reading and math
- Mental health services
- Physical health care
- Help coping with disabilities
- Parenting help
- Help getting dentures, eyeglasses, hearing aids
- Job training
- Help getting a GED or learning English
- Help getting to job locations
- Help with basic needs
- Moving costs related to a job
To receive help from the Successful Families Program, a family must have the following:
- Families must have at least one child in the home under the age of 18 (including an unborn baby).
- Families must meet income requirements. Your worker will tell you what types of income you are required to report.
- Families must meet limited resource requirements. Your worker will review what assets you have. Some resources are not counted, such as:
- the home in which the family lives
- assets valued at less than $2,000
- furniture, personal items, and some tools
Families may get cash assistance while they look for work as long as they meet program requirements. The requirements include cooperating with DCF Child Support Services Division. Families who get TANF may also get medical benefits and child care.
Adults must work or participate in work activities in order to receive cash assistance for their family, unless they are needed to do one of the following:
- take care of a child under 2 months of age
- take care of a disabled household member
Note: Families can only get TANF for 48 months in a lifetime. You may not use your cash benefits to purchase alcohol, tobacco or lottery tickets.
Contact Information for Referrals
Economic & Employment Services
Regional Employment Services Coordinator
DCF – Western Region Office: 620-663-5731 x281
TTY/TDD: 1-800-766-3777 Fax: 620-663-7868